Friday, September 5, 2014

REFASHIONED CLOSET: 3 OUT OF 1

Good Morning friends! Excited to say that I finally had time to alter some clothing items that have been pending for quite a while. This thrifted Striped and Mustard dress from Forever 21 was one that I just had to share before the summer is over.  
Before
 The way it was wasn't so bad to begin with, but I had a different vision for it. When I purchased the dress I really liked the striped top and Yellow Mustard bottom combo. Since I'm not a minimalist i decided to split the dress in two creating a crop top and skirt for more outfit combinations.

1. Using a seam ripper I detached the top and the bottom, splitting the dress in two. 2. I folded and pinned down the top of the bottom piece which is now my skirt right at 1''. 3. I stitched right down the fold/pinned area of the waistband with the front side facing in, leaving a opening at the end to string in the 1'' wide elastic through. 4. Once the elastic was inside the waistband I sewed the elastic together and stitched the waistband close. Creating the "Mustard skirt"!! 5. The dress originally came with a wide black elastic waistband in the middle that attached the two pieces together. I left the wide elastic on the bottom of the striped top as it was. Creating what is now the "Striped Crop Top"


 Combo #1

Combo #2

Combo #3
I just love how these two pieces turned out!! It completely blows my mind how versatile my $3 dress turned out to be. Are you a fan of refashioning thrift store finds?

XO, Nancy!!

2 comments:

  1. nancy nancy nancy! love this! cannot go wrong with stripes. and i am always looking for more yellow to my wardrobe. you are so graceful, and these are so very perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, stripes are so fun and that shade of yellow is really cute! Thank you friend, love you.

      Delete