Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A LITTLE TWEAK IN MY KITCHEN: PART 1

My home is always a work in progress. One day I can be completely happy with a certain room and another day I'm taking stuff down and putting stuff up. There's a lot of improvements and redecorating I plan to do since it seems like the Army will be keeping us in Clarksville for quite a while. Unfortunately our current home is just a rental...SO permanent renovations are out of the question. I'm always looking for ways to personalize my home without damaging its original state. Otherwise there would be a lot more crazy stuff going on! Today I want to share one of my on going projects. I've somewhat became obsessed with how funky and expressive this little corner looks. A bar area is something my husband and I have always tried to incorporate into our home. Weather its just a tray with wine glasses or a huge china cabinet filled with old liquor bottles and a collection of shot glasses. Every time we've moved around we have had to change it up according to the available room, floor plan,etc.   
This time I wanted to create a space that expressed who we are and where we come from. After lots of thinking and moving things around. I began to create a collage with postcards, ads, bottle caps and memories from our hometown. We love to entertain and have get together's with family and friends. I thought this would be a great way to express ourselves over laughs and drinks. 
 Like I said my home is always a work in progress...so stay tuned my beautiful people because my collage is not quite finished! There will be a lot more tweaking as my collection grows.
Have a good one everyone!

XO, Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment