Friday, March 13, 2015

ST. PATRICKS DAY DECORATIONS DIY'S

Planning a St. Paddy's day party, and still looking for last minute ideas? I created four easy DIY St. Patrick's Day themed decorations for my home & maybe yours too!! This is what I made: Green burlap "LUCKY" banner, table centerpice, door wreath, and potted clover plant.      
Banner
Lets begin with the banner. For this project I reused two table runners that I picked up at the thrift shop for $1.50. I attached the two using white ribbon to create a burlap garland, decided not to do something permanent since I wanted to be able to use them in the future as runners. 
Next is the "LUCKY" part of the banner. 
For this you will need.
  • green scrapbook paper
  • scissors 
  • letter stencil
  • X-acto craft knife
  • White Cardstock paper
  • pencil
  • hole puncher
  • twine or ribbon
  • glue stick

1. fold your paper in half. 2. Fold in half again you will have four even squares. 3. Fold the corner with the folded edges up into a triangle as seen above. 4. cut half a heart shape on the edge of the folded parts, make sure to leave the corner attached(I marked with pencil where you should cut). To watch the video that taught me how to make this click here .
I traced the letters on white cardstock with a pencil and cut them out using an X-acto craft knife. Then I glued them on the four leaf clovers. After the glue dried, I punched two holes at the top of each clover and then strung twine through them.  
Centerpiece
Supplies needed:
  1. Green paper four leaf clovers
  2. wooden skewers or toothpicks
  3. tape
  4. vase
  5. bottle caps 

Since I had already made a bunch of these paper clovers this DIY was a very easy one to do. I just taped a wooden skewer in the middle of two clovers and stuck it in a flower vase filled with bottle caps. If you don't have skewers, toothpicks work perfect as well. Just punch it in the middle of the clover & it should stay.
Wreath
Supplies:
  1. Dollar Tree Green foam wreath
  2. (4) Dollar Tree St. Patrick's day faux flowers
  3. wire cutters

The wreath was my favorite project because it literally took about 10 minutes and it turned out so darn cute!! First I took the faux flowers apart using wire cutters. Next I inserted them into the foam in a clover and flower pattern. I repeated the pattern all around until the wreath was filled and completed.
Potted Clover Plant
Supplies:
  1. Free little clovers from mother nature or store bought
  2. potting soil
  3. small pot  

 I've mentioned before that I'm totally obsessed with bringing nature in my home and I so happened to find little clovers growing in my backyard!! So I went pulled them out and potted them in a vintage ultramarine depression glass bowl.   
Have fun with this you guys!! 
I know I did..and have a wonderful St. Paddy's day weekend!!!
XO, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment